Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Life is good...greed? Not so much.....

Life is awesome. Everything about it is awesome. The sights, the smells, the feel….. I mean, what’s not to like? The only people that don’t love life are the ones consumed by greed. Greed is the biggest nemesis of happiness. If it’s a material greed, such as not having the nicest home, best car, jealous of someone else’s possessions. Or an emotional greed, such as someone not agreeing with you, feeling ignored, or you’re poor little ego is hurt. Toughen up fuckers. Be glad you’re alive. You can change most of your outcomes…..other than death, really.

Look at life at the largest scale. What is ruining the world? Greed. People at war over oil, due to the money behind it, and power it holds. I’m sure that the world generates more than enough natural resources that every nation can ration it out and there not be a problem. For example, this past summer, BP dropped MILLIONS of gallons of oil into the ocean, not from the Middle East, but from right off our own fucking shore. We don’t NEED the Middle East oil….we just WANT it. We want control of it. For power….. greed.

Others war over religion. That’s emotional type greed to me. Who gives a fuck if someone else doesn’t believe in your made-up philosophies and Gods? We’re all going to die eventually, so live YOUR life the way YOU deem best. Stop worrying about if someone else agrees with your every belief. I swear, these bible thumpers piss me off more and more each time they push their “Where are you going to go when you die?” bullshit on me. How am I to answer that? I don’t fucking know. NOBODY knows. There is no right or wrong about it, just a big question mark. So stop trying to change everyone’s views to match yours for your own self-satisfaction….

Now, in everyday life, I see people getting bent all out of shape with some simple shit. Like, I don’t have this car….I don’t have this home…..I don’t have this man/woman…..and its sick. Are you serious? That makes you so miserable? How? Ok, I can see being a little sad or upset for a minute. Shit, we’re all humans. But I see some people straight up HATING life over simple shit. Unless someone close to you died or is extremely sick, get over that shit. Seriously. It’s not worth spoiling all the good that’s going on over it.

You have the ability to make your life the way you want it, yet spend time dwelling on your have-nots. Enjoy what you do have! I haven’t made the best life decisions. I’ll tell you that all day. But I am happy. I feel the choices I made enabled me to have the people I have in my life here, enjoyed the laughs that I had with people that I haven’t have met otherwise. I’ve been able to see things that I otherwise wouldn’t have seen, done things I otherwise wouldn’t have been able to do. I’m pretty sure that I could have been rich by now had I made some different choices. As a matter of fact, I KNOW this. I’ve blown opportunities. But you know what? I am not 100% sure I would have been as happy had I gone those routes. I can’t say either way. I did what I did, and what’s done is done.

Basically, what I’m saying is love life, no matter the circumstances you’ve put yourself in. If you lost your legs, be glad you don’t have to stand in lines….if you lost your sight, be glad you don’t have to see my ugly mug. Just make the best out of every situation. Stop letting your materialistic and emotional greed hold you back from seeing what is great….life.

No comments:

Post a Comment