Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

I need a check up.....

I need to see a doctor. I haven’t been to one for a check up in a good 10 years. Not that I’m scared of them. It’s more about a time/money thing. Well, before it was a time thing. But this year, I’ve been paying for health coverage. I’d like to say it’s a time thing….but I sit here today like I have many other days with plenty of time. So, really, I have NO idea why I don’t go. Even when I’m sick, I don’t go. A few weeks ago, I legit thought my roommate poisoned me on purpose to be funny….because her hate for me would allow me to believe something like that to be true, I STILL didn’t go. I would have rather suffer and die than go. Ends up, she didn’t poison me. But still, what prevented a simple visit? Just a “Yo, what’s wrong with me, doc?” visit would have been quick and painless. Well, less painless than what I was in due to the illness.

I think it’s the inconvenience of it all that drives me away. Like, you can call up, set a time and date, get there on time, and you’d still have to wait……. Ok, it wasn’t like I showed up out of the blue. You expected me here at this exact time! How am I waiting up to 45 minutes? It’s bullshit! Or another great one is when you are hurting and they don’t have an opening for another 4 days or so…. Ok, push back on of these old farts that you give a routine ass exam to every other week and get me in there, doc!!!

The worse is the whole “referral” process. Like, your ass is bleeding. You know your ass is bleeding and you need to see an ass doctor. But in order to see the ass doctor, you must first see your regular “all-i-can-do-is-take-your-temp-and-give-you-asprin” doctor first. Then THEY have to give you permission to see the ass doctor that you knew from the beginning you needed to see. Why? Let me cut out the middleman! This process can take up to a week. And if your ass is bleeding, you don’t really have a comfortable week to give!

So, until I can deal with the run around and hassle…..or someone finds me dying in a ditch somewhere. I’ll just keep going to Dr. CVS and medicate from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment