Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

It'll never be the same again.....

Do you ever sit and think about the past? Stupid question, everybody does. I do more often than not. I think about how great things once were when I lived care-free. I think about the key decisions in my life and what I would change. I think about girls I should have dated and people I should have hung out with. All types of things cross my mind. But you know what? It gets depressing sometimes. I realize I will never play football again. I realize I will not be rich by 30. I realize that summers of lounging around and exploring the town with friends will never happen again....or at least not until we're all 80 and retired. But then we'll take forever with our walkers and oxygen tanks and such.

My life has changed drastically since then. Shit, I don't even hang out with, or even talk to anyone from my old crew. I only talk to one, sometimes two people that I even went to High School with on a semi-regular basis. There are many reasons for this. Me moving is one. Them having families, and me being the single guy is another. And my being a complete dick is probably yet another.

I sometimes go back home to visit. And I like seeing how most people have moved on. They have jobs and families. They are out doing well. But what is disturbing is the ones that haven't moved on. They are still stuck on some High School bullshit. Fighting, selling drugs, having babies to cash in from the government....just that petty immature shit. You see, I think about the past, but live in the present. These few are stuck in the past. It's a bit disheartening. At some point, you just have to realize, it's never going to be the same, and you have to grow as a person. Mature. Have responsibilities. Teach your children to live a better life than yourself. If everyone raised their kids to be better than them, the world would be better off. Instead, they teach them to be their little twins. And that just means a shithead is breeding another shithead. And usually the offspring shithead out-shitheads the former. And the cycle continues......

I know, this blog has taken a turn for the worse. Maybe I should start writing out blogs before posting instead of free-flowing thoughts. But then I just don't feel you'd get the real me. haha

But anyways, let me just wrap this up by saying this: You must grow as a person. The past is great, but that's what it is "the past", you can't change that. But what you can change is the future. Think about that every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment