Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012





So, another year down and another year upon us. People rushing to the gyms to fulfill thier "new years resolution" to get into shape. That should die out in a week or two. Working out and being healthy is a lifestyle, not a fad. This coming year should be exciting. As December nears, the people who wonder if the world really ends in 2012, or if they Mayans were just fucking with us this whole time, find out thier answer. We all know my thoughts on this, so let's not rehash.
But forget the coming year, we will have plenty of time to go over and be updated as this year progresses. Let's talk about the year that just passed. First, and foremost, I lost my passion to blog (as you may have noticed). Not intentionally. It was just a very off year. FIlled with self-doubt, debt, and self-discovery. Weird, right? It wasn't a "life funk" or a bad year by any means. It just was filled with so many distractions that blogging and communitcating on websites fell to the backburner. Too bad that burner was never ignited. I would have had plenty of great stories to fill these pages with. Now, many details are too fuzzy to recall. Sorry about that.....
But, the main things to know are these.....I drank a lot. Found a girlfriend. She hates me. Or not..... I dunno. Guess that's to be determined. Her and I co-founded a meet-up group, Awesome Astoria, that we figured would have about 00 or so members....but we now sit upon 350! Not too shabby. We did go to Cancun, which was so kick-ass I can't really describe it as much more than that. The place we stayed, the ME by Melia, was perfect. The rooms were beautiful, the staff was ultra friendly, and best of all....it was all inclusive. Drinks are on the fuckin' house! We drank from 10am to midnight every day there. Can't beat that.
I didn't participate in any holidays as usual. I just live them like they are regular days. No gifts, no special phone calls. Maybe return a text or two to be polite, but that's about it.
So, here's to the new year. I'm going to keep this one short and sweet. Don't want to burn myself out my first blog back and not blog again for months, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment